After each treatment session with Sculptra Aesthetic there are a few easy things you will need to help with the treatment results. You can print out this instruction sheet and keep it handy so you remember to do these things every day:
- HAVE AN - ice pack ready: Within the first 24 hours of treatment, apply a cloth-wrapped ice pack to the treated area for a few minutes at a time. Never apply ice directly to the skin. The cold will help reduce common swelling.
- GIVE YOURSELF - facial massages: Massage the treated area for 5 minutes 5 times a day for 5 days after treatment as recommended by your physician
- AVOID - excess sunlight and UV exposure: Protecting your skin from the sun is always important, but after treatment, excessive sunlight and UV lamp exposure should be avoided until any initial swelling and redness go away. Your doctor will provide guidelines on sunscreen protection and how to avoid excessive sunlight.
Call your doctor if you have any questions or concerns after treatment. Also, report any side effects to your doctor. Be sure to keep any follow-up appointments that may be scheduled.
Remember, Sculptra Aesthetic works by gradually replacing lost collagen. It provides improvements subtly without making it look like you’ve had work done.
- DO massage the treated areas 5 times a day for about 5 minutes for 5 days after treatment.
- DO hold ice packs on the treated areas gently for about 3-5 minutes a few times that day.
- Feel free to wear makeup a few hours after.
- Treated areas may be red, swollen, and bruised for the first 2-7 days.
- Do NOT get a facial or massage for 2 weeks after your filler procedure.
- Avoid strenuous workouts and alcohol for 24 hours if possible.
- If bruising occurs, continue Arnica supplements, DO apply topical Arnica gel, drink fresh pineapple juice, and/or take Bromelain supplements to help bruising resolve faster.
- Bruising can be covered with makeup.
- A few days after treatment, you will look as you did before treatment. This is normal, over time, Sculptra will replace lost collagen.
- Follow up treatments should be scheduled about every 4-6 weeks.
- Visible results may not be seen until 2-3 sessions have been completed.
- Results can last more than two years.